- cdrtools, a comprehensive command line-based set of tools for creating and burning CDs, DVDs and Blu-rays.
- cdrkit, a fork of cdrtools by the Debian project.
- cdrdao, open source software for authoring and ripping of CD-ROMs in Disk-At-Once mode.
Linux and Unix
- dvd+rw-tools, a package for DVD and Blu-ray Disc writing on Unix and Unix-like systems.
- GUI (cdrtools based)
- Brasero, a GNOME CD/DVD burning application
- GnomeBaker, a GNOME CD/DVD burning application
- Graveman, a GTK+ CD/DVD burning application – project abandoned
- K3b, the KDE CD/DVD authoring program
- Nautilus, the GNOME file manager (includes basic CD/DVD-burning capabilities)
- Serpentine, the GNOME audio CD burning application
- SimpleBurn, a GTK+ CD/DVD burning application
For more information, please visit: Wikipedia
Looking for the 5 best Bluray burners? The quality of a Bluray movie is much better than a traditional DVD, so the investment in a Bluray burner is definitely worth it. LaCie d2 External Bluray burner. One of the 5 best Bluray burners is the LaCie d2 External Bluray burner. This burner works on a PC or Mac and can burn eight centimeter or twelve… More…
Optical drives–the drive on a computer that plays CD, DVD, and/or Blu-ray discs–aren’t nearly as important as they once were. While these were once a crucial way to transfer information, the increased availability of high-capacity USB flash drives and online media has decreased the use of optical media significantly. Of course, Blu-ray is a relatively new format so that hasn’t been affected as much, but… More…