Optical disc is also known as optical media or optical storage. It includes CDs, DVDs and Blu-Ray. These are the most common types of optical discs. Basically the function of the optical disc is to store data in digital format. We have all heard of writeable CDs and DVDs also known as CD-R or DVD-R. They can store different capacity of data. The BLU-Ray discs are the latest that can store maximum data up to 50 GB of data.
ERROR WITH READING THE OPTICAL DISCS
Sometimes while reading a CD, DVD or Blu-Ray your computer may show some error. The most common error is that your specific driver is missing from your computer or has become corrupt. This is because windows have failed to recognize your inserted disc. But there is no need to worry. You can resolve this problem by updating your driver. For this you need to follow some simple steps that are mentioned below.
UPDATING THE DISC DRIVER
• Open the Start menu and search for the “Device Manager”. If you have administrative rights and it asks you for the password, simply enter your account password.
• You will see different drivers listed there. Your concern is with the DVD/CD-ROM drivers. Select them from the list.
• You will see an option of “Update Driver Software”. Select the option and the setup will start automatically.
• Follow the instructions step by step until the setup is complete.
• Restart your computer so that the changes can take effect. Now insert your CD or DVD and I am sure your computer will now read your disc and there will not be any error.
So this was a little about different optical devices and how to manage them. I am sure that you will find this article very informative.